The third beer in the bunch is the dark counterpart to Das Helle. It’s a classic Munich beer style in modern attire.
Die Dunkle is a traditional dark beer, with the intense aromas and the deep color of an English stout.
This dark brew has a delicate, roasted caramel malt body and a resiny, herbal hop aroma. A subtle fruity note brings to mind the piquant sweetness of blackcurrants and blackberries.
Goes down like a dark beer, tastes like a stout! Mmmmhhhh…
- Taste: Spicy, roasted caramel, berry
- Aroma: English hops, resiny, berry
- Original gravity: 12,5 °P
- Alcohol content: 5,0 % vol.
I brew Die Dunkle using exclusively regionally producing dark, caramelized and roasted malts.
Tettnanger, Lake Constance region, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Fuggles, Kent region, UK
- Brauerei: I brew Die Dunkle in the Gut Forsting Brewery in Rosenheim County, Germany. For more information about the brewery, visit: www.brauerei-gut-forsting.de
- Origin, home:
Outside of Tokyo, Japan, but I grew up in the countryside.
Berlin, also travel is my home.
- Family: Unmarried, with a partner
- What art means:
Effervescence and the seeds of creation.
Art is to me what beer is to Tilman. I offer the thirsty a little something extra.
- Inspiration: The everyday
- Teh best day: Non-uniform but consistent
- What makes me angry: Privatization, TTIP, the nuclear power lobby and weapons industry
- You should definitely know: Traditional Thai massage techniques
- Where I can see your work: At Jaja Verlag www.jajaverlag.com/maki-shimizu.html or in a few nice shops in Berlin.
- Hello: Moin!!!